Archive for the ‘Project Ideas’ Category
Today I’m sharing the last of the projects I made with my little visitor, we made a fun Button Necklace!
1. We selected lots of similar sized Buttons from my stash in a variety of Pink shades and chose some matching 1mm Pink/White Twine.
2. We found the middle of our length of Twine and tied a knot allowing for a loop at the end.
3. I threaded both ends of the Twine through a large needle then added the Buttons giving every second Button a half turn, the half turn allows the Button to sit behind and this forms 2 rows.
4. We tied another knot in the Twine once enough Buttons had been added to hold them in place.
5. Approximately 1 inch from the last Button I tied on a Flower Button.
Note: The loop and the Flower Button form the Necklace Closure, not only is it nice and easy to take on and off but it was was also easy for my little helper to remember that the Loop goes over the Flower :)
I have another project that I’ve made with my little visitor to share today and this one comes with a cut file for you. I made some Door Handle Hangers, there are 2 designs to chose from so they should fit on any style of Door Handle that you may have. The one we made today is for my little helper to take home and hang on her bedroom door :)
First we chose one of the designs and cut it from some chipboard. I cut the shape twice more from some patterned paper remembering to mirror one as I was using single sided paper. I glued the paper to both sides of my chipboard and it was ready to decorate.
To decorate ours, we used the heart from the heart easel card and layered the little girls name over the top (I blanked it out in the photo). We finished the decoration with some glitter paper, ribbon and heart sparkles.
Here’s your Free Cut File – Formats include ai, dxf, gsd, mtc, pdf, studio & svg:
(click on the link below the image to download)
We also made some Coconut Macaroons this week so, if you are looking for an easy-peasy recipe to make with your little ones, check this out: Simple Coconut Macaroons
We covered some Brazil Nuts with the left over Chocolate…yummy! ;)
I have a little helper staying with me at the moment, we’ve been making some crafty projects and doing some baking too, so I thought I’d share some of what we’ve been up to.
As a Bake Off fan, I picked Paul Hollywood’s Scone recipe and Merry Berry’s Banana Cake recipe for our afternoon of baking on Sunday, the Scones went down a treat with Strawberry Jam and Clotted Cream :)
Here’s what we made yesterday:
1. I started with this deep picture frame from Ikea
2. I measured the size of the square space inside the mount (approx 4.5″) then cut a heart shape from some card on my Zing to fit just inside.
3. I found some textured card stock to match the colour of the frame, I held the heart shaped card on top of it and drew around it lightly with a pencil.
4. We picked out lots of buttons in different shades of pink (to match a certain little girls bedroom) and glued them inside the pencil line.
5. We filled in any spaces with different sized gems in shades of pink.
6. I carefully rubbed out the pencil line with a rubber and placed the finished picture into the frame.